and think about what has been goin on lately, I notice a lot of things that are changing. Change can be a scary thing. Usually though, whatever changes, one way or another I am ready for it because God has prepared me.
I started classes at Montevallo last monday. It has been great so far. I most all of my teachers & I have made a few new friends. I am gonna have a blast bein roommates with Britti. I can already tell. Of course, my allergies attacked this last week really strong, and she cought a cols so we were both pretty low-key. I think that's it's gonna work out great though.
I went to a Storm Party last night at my friend Marissa's. It was pretty cool. We just chilled with several of her other friends. All of them are pretty cool. She has two adorable little puppy dogs too. There's a little chihuahua mix named Tiny and a 10 week old pitbull pup named Cheech. She invited me back next weekend. I'll probably go.
Tomorrow is Labor Day, so I am out of school. It'll be nice to have an extra day to recover because I worked friday night and saturday morning. I made a good bit of money though for only having two shifts this week.
Most of my friends have all gone back to school too. So college stole a lot of my friends. But Lauren & David both transferred to Montevallo too so there are a few people there from SMC now. I like having people there that I already know and having familiar surroundings.
God's been teaching me a lot of things lately. I feel Him with me and I have been taking comfort in the fact that I am never alone. It seems like when I do my daily reading in my Bible, whatever I read seems to be what my heart has been feeling. So in a way, what I read becomes my prayer for the day. I have felt more like myself lately than I have in a very long time. Seems like there have been many more opportunities for me to be there for my friends. I've been getting some good practice at using my listening skills, that's for sure.
Alesha & Rachael are flyin over to Germany for a few months. They are going to school over there. They are gonna have such a great time. I loved Germany. Everything about it was fascinating and it changed my perspective on many things. Hopefully one day there'll be an opportunity to go back there.
Some more things around here are gonna be changing pretty soon. There's definitely been several things here lately that I am going to have to add to my prayer list.
love
Rio and the Case of the Red Dye
11 years ago

1 comments:
its so great to hear how you are doing! we miss you at college group tho! :( BUT, we are planning on doing a Thursday nite thing once or twice a month down there at Montevallo, since so many people we know are there!
i'm so glad to hear that your time in the Word has been so sweet...love ya!
Post a Comment