CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 12, 2010

repost : Equipped

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Equipped

I fail to realize this so often, that what I am going through, is meant to shape me. Whatever I go through in this life is meant to shape me, and to better me to fulfill my purpose in the plan that God has assigned to my life.

So many times, I think that whatever is in God's plan just might not be worth all the hassle, that my plan is somehow better than His. I seem to think that He doesn't know what He is doing. I can get so caught up in the "What-did-I-do-to-deserve-this" attitude that I don't see that He has a perfect plan. What I don't always think about is that, whatever happens to me, if is not equipping me, if it is not going to work for good for me or for those around me in the end, or if it is not going to bring Him more glory, Then He would have said, "No." He does not throw me into any situation that is not meant to fulfill His purpose.

Looking back at all the things I have come through, and all the times I didn't understand what on earth the reasoning could be, I now see in hindsight how glad I am that I did go through those hard times because without them, I would not have been able to handle other situations later on. Not many people are going to sit in the bad situation and not ask "why me?" at least once. Even when we do ask God He still may not answer us right away. This situation needs to be no different than all those others He has brought me through. No, it's not pleasant. No, it's not easy. But God never promised me that life would be easy when I chose to follow Him. But He did promise He would never leave me.

I have to continue to trust that He will show me in time what I am meant to learn from all of this. I must be content in the fact that God knows what He is doing. I will no longer keep asking for answers, I will know what I am supposed to know when I am meant to know it. And there is nothing that I have to fear, for there is a plan. It's a perfect plan. It's God's plan.

I'm pretty sure that Joseph wanted more anything to know what God was doing through all the things he went through. But He never forgot that His God was with him. He was never alone. He even had dreams that God spoke to Him through. No one really believed that He could interpret them, or that they were more like visions of what was to come, but God used those as a reminder to tell Joseph that he was not alone. Just because we may not see it coming, that doesn't mean that God didn't see it coming. He knows. What happened today didn't surprise Him. Why should it bother me? It's all in His hands anyway. I just have to let Him have His way, and quit trying to fight it. I will not back down, and I will not surrender to my self. I choose to follow what He has planned for me, and not to doubt what He has planned for me.

This situation can only equip me... It is meant to shape, to adjust, and to repair me. It is meant to make me more like Christ. It is meant to be part of the completion process. It is meant for GOOD.




Romans 8:26-18

26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groaning too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.


*That dream was like a revelation, and it has become more real these past few days than I could ever have imagined. I just hope and have to trust that all of this is really going to work for good. Because right now, it's not so easy to see. Things are cloudy and I'm tired of trying to find the truth. I know that I hope for the best. And I know that God already has the best in mind. I just have to remember that. Please just don't quit. Don't Quit.*

Have Your Way- Britt Nicole

0 comments: