So at about 1 a.m. this mornin, cuz i could NOT sleep last night. I figured I'd go ahead a check out my Psalm for the day (the 16th). I didn't realize how very appropriate this Psalm would be for me once I actually went to sleep and was woken back up.
I couldn't have had much worse of a day; well, I guess I really couldn't have had a much worse week... But I've been trudging on. I wake up & do my best to just get by, begging God to just carry me through my day. Waiting for anything He might do to give me hope. But for sure, I was woken up by my phone this morning at 6:30, and since then, the day just went down hill. And in case you didn't do the math already, yes, I got 5 & 1/2 hours sleep... I hardly function right when I get 7. - Then came school, which I somehow lost all the data I had saved for working on my extra credit project, and was forced to start over from scratch. Brilliant. -Then, almost as soon as I walk in the door when I got home from school, my mom tells me that my cat needed to go back to the vet because her stitches had come apart... Joy. - And on top of that today has had other pretty significant issues surrounding it. I really just couldn't deal with much more. So yeah. L-O-N-G day.
So I had a good, cleansing cry.
& then... God reminded me of the Psalm I read. Can't really tell you how well it matches me in my circumstance; word for word. It became my prayer. It has really just been, restoring.
You Will Not Abandon My Soul
Psalm 16
16:1 Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
2 I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from you.”
3 As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones,
in whom is all my delight.
4 The sorrows of those who run after another god shall multiply;
their drink offerings of blood I will not pour out
or take their names on my lips.
5 The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
you hold my lot.
6 The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
7 I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
in the night also my heart instructs me.
8 I have set the Lord always before me;
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;
my flesh also dwells secure.
10 For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
or let your holy one see corruption.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
But I won't quit. I've come this far. I will wait. I will trust that God has already solved everything, and has it under control. I just have to remember that. This will pass, and this is only a season of life. It's not forever.

1 comments:
OH.
Wendy.
ILOVEYOU.
sometimes when so many things are weighing down on you, you just have to let it all out.
I hate to hear you had a crappy week.
so I'm glad that the Psalms helped you.
it's a good book.
maybe I should actually start reading it.
Post a Comment